Testing and Validation Tools
Here you will find a collection of useful tools and resources we’ve enountered on the web. As we discover new tools and as new ones are developed, we’ll keep adding them here. Please note that rewriteguide.com is not associated with any of these websites and that following these links will take you from this website.
If you have, or know of, a useful application or tool you feel should be listed here, please feel free to submit it via our contact page.
- DNS Propagation CheckerPerform a DNS lookup to check the current IP address and DNS record information for a domain against multiple name servers located in different parts of the world.
- Various DNS and Lookup ToolsVarious DNS tools including Whois lookups, reverse DNS lookups, shared IP host lookups and more.
- Bing - Mobile Friendliness CheckerTest how mobile-friendly a page is from the perspective of Bing.
- Mobile Friendliness and SEO CheckerTool to check mobile friendliness and mobile SEO from Varvy.
- Mobile-Friendly Test - Google Search ConsoleTests how easily a visitor can use your page on a mobile device.
- Self-signed SSL GeneratorIf you have no need for a trusted certificate, and just require one for internal / development use, this is for you.
- SSL Format ConverterConvert SSL certificates to and from different formats such as pem, der, p7b, and pfx.
- SSL Server TestThis free online service performs a deep analysis of the configuration of any SSL web server on the public Internet.
- Compressor.ioPowerful online tool for drastically reducing the size of your JPG, PNG, GIF, and SVG images while maintaining a high visual quality.
- MinifyMake your website smaller and faster to load by minifying the JS and CSS code. Removes whitespace, strips comments, combines files, and optimizes/shortens a few common programming patterns.
- TinyPNGTinyPNG uses smart lossy compression techniques to reduce the file size of your PNG and JPG files without degrading their visual quality.
Page Speed Tools
- Regular Expression (RegEx) TesterOnline regular expression testing and validation tool.
- Regular Expressions Info and TesterMore info than you ever thought it was possible to know about regular expressions with an online regex tester as well.
- W3C CSS ValidatorChecks the validity of both inline and explicit external CSS directives.
- W3C Internationalization CheckerPerforms various tests on a web page to determine its level of internationalization-friendliness.
- W3C Markup ValidatorChecks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, and more.